• March 26Welcome to the Hodag Headlines! Follow our site for up to date news, weather and sports from RHS.

Spring Sports Preview

What's In Store This Upcoming Spring?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spring Sports Preview

(A Cherry Blossom Tree at full bloom at the peak of spring.)

Johnathan Nguyen

Johnathan Nguyen

Johnathan Nguyen

Bryan La

With the air warming up and the sun starting to shine, spring sports start to begin their season.  Some student athletes at Rhinelander High School have waited months and months for this time of the year.  With many sports starting soon, let’s see what some student athletes have to say.

“You can expect our team to be in the runnings for conference champs.” said Rhinelander High School baseball captain Bryce Schickert.  “I look forward to being able to get outside, enjoy the weather, and play my favorite sport.” Returning on the field for his last season, Bryce hopes to have fun and make it memorable.  

This season will be the most meaningful for Bryce.  He is playing baseball in high school for the last time.  He wants to make a statement as it is his and many other players’ last season.  He expresses a mutual love for the team and sport. He wants everyone to be apart of it.  

“I want to show how hard I am willing to work for a positive outcome,” said Bryce.  Bryce can’t wait to show everyone who the Rhinelander Hodags are.

With the spring season returning, Rhinelander High School has players returning as well whether it be from another sport or injury.  Bridger Flory played tennis with the Hodags his sophomore year but ran track for his junior year. However, for his senior year he is now back on the tennis team.

“I feel good.  I’m looking forward to shaking the rust off and hopefully making some more bigger improvements.” said Bridger when asked how he felt about coming back.  Bridger played on JV his sophomore year and was a great asset to the team.

Just like Bryce, this will be Bridger’s last season to play a sport for the Hodags.  He’s determined to have fun and make his last tennis season full of fun. As well as having fun he has set some goals for himself and the team.  

“To win conference and make varsity,” said Bridger.  From starting out as a sophomore learning the basics and playing JV, Bridger has grown much more and is hoping to solidify a varsity spot for the Hodags.  The Hodags have always been contenders for conference champs and have won multiple times in the past years. Bridger can’t wait for the season to be in full effect.

Track and Field has always been a huge sport for Rhinelander High School.  You’ll always and feel the energy and spirit of the Rhinelander Hodags Track and Field team.  Hopes are high for the team. Drake Martin is a young talent that is determined to put forth a magnificent and strong performance this season.  

“My personal goals this year are to make it to state in the shot put and finish top 3 in all my other events.” said Drake.  Drake is an ambitious young athlete that loves to compete no matter wherever it is and whoever it is.

The Rhinelander Hodag Track and Field team has always been a force to reckon with in the conference.  With many young athletes who are poised and determined, the Track and Field team has always been up in the ranks.

“Our coaches just want us to to improve with every practice and to set a personal record every meet. However, a lot of us have goals to make it to state this year.” said Drake.  

With ambitious and determined athletes like this, Rhinelander High School should expect much success and new records to be broken whether it be in baseball, tennis, or track and field!