• January 15Welcome to the Hodag Headlines! Follow our site for up to date news, weather and sports from RHS.

Revving Up, Winning Cars

Colin White, Student Journalist

Ryan Paszek and the autos class are working hard on the 2017/2018 PBIS car in hopes to finish it before class ends this semester.

Paszek started his passion in the automotive industry by going to a technical school for automotives and then working for a international dealer for 2 years. After that he got a job at RHS and has been working here for 2 years.

“This year we have a Buick Lesabre, a beautiful Buick Lesabre,” said Paszek. Mechanically the car is in perfect shape and would be able to be given away how it is, but the autos class is still looking for things to spice up the car.

With nothing mechanically needed, the class is looking to do some cosmetic changes to the vehicle. Some of the students working on the car such as Shelby Underwood said, “We want to lower the car and change the wheels.”

One definite thing that’s going in the car is a new sound system.

“We’re going to try to go after Sounds and Motion this year for a sound system. That will be a big thing we’re going to try to push on, this will be a good car for that,“ said Paszek.

During the PBIS give away at the end of the year, students are excited and hoping to win the car; but they’re not the only ones. Paszek and other staff are just as excited about giving the car away as the lucky student who wins it.

“My favorite part is definitely the giveaway and hopefully not just seeing whoever gets the car,” Paszek said, “ But sort’ve trying to you know give credit to all the different students that have gotten to work on it and hopefully that they feel a sense of satisfaction knowing they got to work on the car that someone else now gets to have and drive and use”

With plenty of time left until the PBIS give away, students should be on their best behavior collecting and turning in green cards for a chance to win this beautiful car.