• January 15Welcome to the Hodag Headlines! Follow our site for up to date news, weather and sports from RHS.

More of Moore

Livi Roberts and Taylor Macak

Transferring to a new school can be difficult for any student or teacher, especially when your previous place of employment is either a chemistry lab or a comedy club. Well, this is exactly the case for Rhinelander High Schools own Mr. Sean Moore.

“When I was younger I would always read the back of shampoo bottles and they were all made by Proctor and Gamble,” Moore said. “Then I would say I want to be a chemist for Proctor and Gamble, and then I would just mix a bunch of shampoos and make different formulations.”

Contrary to popular belief however, he is not only a rocking chemist, but he is also a family man and a former comedian.

“Some people don’t believe me because I don’t talk about them [his family]. I have two kids, two boys, one and three years old, they’re a lot of work,” said Moore.

Some students have theorized that he in fact does not have kids or a wife. This was shut down by a fellow science teacher Mrs. Esslinger.

“He really does have a wife and two kids, and I know this because I’ve met them,” stated Esslinger.

Along with being a family man, he is also an incredibly hilarious person.

“Why does Snoop Dogg Carry an umbrella? Fo drizzle,” said Mr. Moore, proving his comedic side.

Being a teacher was not always in his life plan. However, there were a few key life changes which led him to making this decision.

“I lost my dad five years ago, and he just worked and worked. He would always say, ‘When I retire we’re going to see Europe and stuff,’ and he worked his butt off, then he died,” said Moore. “I make light of it, but you know it opened my eyes and it made me realize that I need to follow my dreams.”

“I was in my twenties and I was like, ‘I don’t want to keep doing this and close my eyes and have it be ten years later stuck at the same job.’,” Moore stated.

This passion is clear in his work and is shown by the amount of students who talk highly of him, as seen by Maddie Quinn, a current student of his.

“I think that he’s a good person and he’s pretty funny, I heard that he was a standup comedian and I can see how that carries into the classroom,” stated Quinn.

Although he hasn’t known for his entire life that teaching is what he wanted to do, from the moment he started, he knew it was his passion. Although there are always lows in any job, everyday he finds great joy in his work and won’t be going anywhere.

“I have favorite moments all the time and they’re small ones throughout the day and they happen so much that it’s hard to keep track of them,” concluded Moore.